Saturday, August 1, 2009

Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business

When I wanted to start my own bookkeeping business I was surprised that there was not a lot of information on the market about it. I wanted to work when it suited me and around my family requirements, not the standard 9-5 role offered at most organisations. I needed flexibility but wanted something challenging. I was also sick of being paid only what my boss thought I was worth and found a salary cap due to the word "bookkeeper."

Slowly as the profession is becoming more recognised, the rate of pay has been increasing, but for better rates it is imperative to be working for a bookkeeping business or consultancy service. This improves your hourly rate and is creating a tangible business which is very tax effective.

After many months of trial and error working on my own business, I finally worked out my own formula for success. I ended up even getting additional bookkeepers to service clients for me as I expanded and the business grew.

After years of experience and working out how best to run a bookkeeping business, I have written a book for anyone wanting to start their own business and take control of their career.