Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bookkeeping Business Structure

I often get asked, what business structure should I use to set up my bookkeeping business. This is actually not as straight forward as it sounds. You might just suddenly say a Company, or a Sole Trader, but in reality this will be different form person to person depending on their specific needs.

Before you decide on your bookkeeping business structure, you need to work out what you are wanting to achieve from the structure. For example, do you want asset protection, or income splitting facilities, or a personal tax rate, tax concessions or low start up costs. Depending on your answers to the questions can have an impact on the entity type you choose.

For more detailed information, join our e-course on How to Start a Bookkeeping Business or purchase my book, My Bookkeeping Business, How to Start, Run and Grow.

Regards
Julia